5-Day Training Course
The course is designed for nuclear utilities, vendors, educators, regulators, nuclear defense and cleanup facilities, isotope production plants, research reactors, fuel fabrication facilities, national and international laboratories, and universities.
The course will be held over the week of August 24 – 28, 2020, at the AMS campus located at 9119 Cross Park Drive in Knoxville, Tennessee, 37923 USA.
All course modules include hands-on demonstrations with state-of-the-art test
equipment, hardware, software demonstrations, or interactive discussions.
The course is conducted under the direction of AMS President, Dr. H. M. Hashemian, who will be assisted by senior AMS engineers with up to 30 years of experience in nuclear power plant instrumentation and control system testing and related topics.
AMS is located less than 1 hour from the beautiful Smoky Mountain National Park, the country’s most visited national park. The resort city of Gatlinburg is less than an hour away and the Music City of America, Nashville, Tennessee, is only 3 hours away. The venue is very accommodating to family vacations.
The early registration fee is $950 if paid by July 1, 2020 and $1,150 afterward.
For every two registered attendees from the same organization, the third is half price, and any additional attendees will be at no additional cost.
Payment can be made with credit card, check, cash, money order, or company purchase order.
Please contact Kate Davy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-691-1756, ext. 151
Please click here to complete the registration form.
Example Course Topics
- Temperature Instrumentation (RTDs and Thermocouples)
- Pressure, Level, and Flow Instrumentation
- Calibration and Response Time Testing of Temperature Sensors and Pressure Transmitters
- On-line Calibration Monitoring of Temperature Sensors and Pressure, Level, and Flow Transmitters
- In-situ Response Time Testing of Temperature Sensors and Pressure Transmitters
- Operating Experience from Testing Temperature Sensors and Pressure Transmitters in Nuclear Power Plants
- Overview of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) of Digital Equipment
- EMI/RFI Considerations for Wireless Technology Implementation
- EMC Testing and EMI/RFI Troubleshooting
- Fundamentals of Cable Testing Technologies
- Testing and Troubleshooting of Nuclear Instrumentation Systems, Rod Control, Electrical, and I&C Circuits
- Cable Insulation Aging Management and Condition Monitoring
- Rod Position Indication (RPI) System Overviews (ARPI and DRPI)
- RPI System Diagnostics, Health Monitoring, and Operating Experience
- Rod Control System Overview (CRDM and CEDM)
- Rod Control System Diagnostics, Health Monitoring, and Operating Experience
- I&C Challenges with Small Modular and Advanced Reactors
- Lastest Trends in Nuclear Science and Technology
- Real World Experience with Nuclear I&C Performance